Saturday, November 3, 2007

Antenna design:-

Antenna design:-

First of your good reference can be Radio Frequency and Microwave Communication Circuits - Devendra Misra, if you are off to designing a complete transmission system. You need chapters 4, 5, and 10. The band you are talking about is not a "free" band though (I "THINK" it is not free for public - just a word of caution - be careful. 2.4 GHz is free, 5.5 GHz is free... try that ????)

You would already know this but Friis formula I think would be helpful for Antenna power calculations, but it would also be very important what your recevier system is going to be? The power amplifier you want, you can use most of GaAs/GaInAs based device. They would give you very good and cheap LoS kind of 1KM range. For my 5.5 GHz system I found it very useful. I also tried PHEMT EC2612 for Low Noise Amplifier on receiver end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home